Author: CCCB Publications
Binding: Padded Hardcover - Burgundy
The revised Lectionary retains the majesty of the NRSV text, benefiting from the rigorous translation practices of current biblical scholarship. Original texts are rendered into contemporary English with increased fidelity. Skillfully edited and beautifully designed for ease of proclamation, every aspect of the new Lectionary contributes to the dignified proclamation of the Word.
- Readings are presented in a clear single-column format with distinct sense lines.
- Newly designed titles, references and instructions are printed in the traditional red, separating them from the proclaimed text.
- Specially selected matt paper reduces glare under harsh lighting conditions
- Larger, bolder elegant typeface facilitates legibility in low lighting
Clearly structured tables are easy to use and will facilitate preparation:
- Arrangement for the Second Reading on the Sundays of Ordinary Time
- Arrangement for the First Reading on the Weekdays of Ordinary Time
- Movable Dates (through to 2050)
- Readings (Biblical Order)
- Responsorial Psalms and Canticles
- Scripture references for each season of the liturgical year
The Introduction to the Lectionary for Sundays and Solemnities offers a first-rate aid for the effective preparation and celebration of the Word:
- General Principles for the Liturgical Celebration of the Word of God
- Celebration of the Liturgy of the Word at Mass
- Offices and Ministries in the Celebration of the Liturgy of the Word at Mass
- General Arrangements for the Readings for Mass
- Description of the Order of Readings
- Adaptations and Translations
All editions Printed and Bound in Canada
- Hard cover, 920 pages, 2 colour interior, 15.5 x 23 cm
- Gold-stamped cover and spine
- Sewn spine with head and tail bands
- Reinforced end paper
- Three distinctly coloured gross-grain ribbons
- Paper: *FSC Certified
The new Lectionary carries the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) label which is independently certified to assure consumers that the paper used comes from forests that are managed to meet the social, economic and ecological needs of present and future generations.