The ever-popular and long-running RCIA program, Journey of Faith for Children, has a fresh, new look and expanded leader materials. Written in the engaging, pastoral style of the Redemptorists, Journey of Faith and Jornada de Fe (previously, Camino de Fe) speak more clearly to children using simple language that speaks directly to them. New content more fully addresses faith topics and questions in a catechetical approach to RCIA.
Journey of Faith for Children, Catechumenate teaches children about the traditions of their Catholic faith in a way that’s relevant to where they are in their own lives. The lessons begin with the RCIA process and rites and continue to cover our salvation history, each of the seven sacraments, Church history, the dignity of life, social justice, and moral living.
This comprehensive Leader Guide gives you everything you need to walk into your RCIA class and start leading. Whether you’re a veteran RCIA instructor or a first year volunteer. The expanded materials include:
- New, wraparound design that enables you to see what the children see so you can spend more time teaching and growing in faith alongside your group
- Complete instructions for how to use Journey of Faith with an explanation of the lesson plan components including schedule options
- Tips on how to be an effective catechist
- Practical suggestions for teaching in a group setting
- Child-friendly activities and examples to help the catechist teach more complex concepts
- A complete glossary of all new concepts and terms taught in the lessons