Attributed to the hand of St. Luke the Evangelist who painted the Virgin from life, this is one of the most famous icons in the world.
In 450 the icon was taken from Jerusalem to Constantinople, and in the early 1100s to Kiev, in 1155 to Vladimir, and later to Moscow.
Only the faces remain as original.
Approximately 11" x 14", mounted on wood. Size may vary depending on image proportions.
Other icons styles and sizes available in store and/or by special order.